Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Story Behind 50/50



Turning 50 this year is a milestone, as I'm sure it is for most women of this era. I'm told it's the new 33! But I've had some bazaar reactions to this event. One woman I met at a party last week told me, "I'm sorry," and she was seriously grievous. Her reaction struck me...

I don't see my 50th year as anything other than a celebration. I'm celebrating a healthy body, healthy mindset, and healthy outlook. I'm celebrating opportunities to engage in life's offerings. I'm celebrating ME.

My boys are 18 and 14 years old, and they think I'm nuts. So I decided to make good of that for them. I'm document my 50th year formally, so that when they are done with PUBERTY and can see the world through normal eyes, they will see that their mom is "something else"...full of life, full of wonder, and full of SURPRISES. At least that's how I see me!

And just for the record, I'm not formally planning 50 fun things to do this year. I'm waiting for life to serve them to me. Let's do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment