Thursday, December 13, 2012

#1 Anticipation & Friends


My friend Scott texted me this morning that I should expect a delivery sometime today. Anticipation. I love getting excited about future events, but I wasn't sure if this was about Christmas or my birthday. As it turns out, it was about both.

The card read:
Merry Birthday...er...Happy Christmas!

Doesn't matter. It's all about the celebrating. I'm good at that.

My birthday is in a few more days. People keep asking me what I'm going to do. I don't want to have a big party, because I know that it will be a lot of work (for me!!!), and then it will be over, big letdown. And if I have a big party this time of the year some people won't be able to attend, since this is the holiday season, the season of double booking. I'm about to create a situation that could have disappointments like that.

So, I've decided to have mini-celebrations, and lots of them. That way I can celebrate for as long as I want, with whomever wants to join in, and we can customize too. Genius idea, I say!

So it all starts with this card and flowers from Scott, as a good reminder that at 50 years I have a  thoughtful group of friends, and they are all cheering me on into this next 50 years. Woohoo for THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment