Saturday, January 19, 2013

#5 Hidden Valley & Fat Man's Pass hike

This afternoon I went on an 8-mile hike with Todd Kallmyer to a place I had said I wanted to hike. It's Todd's favorite hike, and now it's mine too, at least as far as local hikes go.

What a fun spot.

At first Todd had a very fast pace and I couldn't keep up with him. But once we got going up the incline, I was able to keep the same pace.

We had so much fun talking and getting to know one another on the way up. Once we got to the Hidden Valley area it was dusk, and was it ever beautiful. Reality is, I could be almost anywhere on this earth and I'd think it was beautiful, IF it were at dusk. (I tell my kids I want to be buried at dusk because it's so peaceful. That really freaks them out!)

Hidden Valley brought out so much of my creativity. I started playing with yoga-pose shadows on the rocks, seeing images of animals in the lichen,  and capturing creative poses with my camera. Todd joined in the fun too!


No comments:

Post a Comment